Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Projects

I have a couple of projects I've been working on.  One I'm just starting out on, one I've nearly finished and one I am just past the half-way mark.

The One I'm Starting Out On

I've been in MBA school since January but you already knew that, right?  So my project just isn't to graduate.  I want to make the dean's list, I want to get a 4.0. 

Why is this so important to me?  It's because I've never really worked hard in school.  I breezed through High School and graduated with Highest Honors.  In college I was average, not because I didn't understand but because I was lazy.

I want to prove it to myself that I can do it.  How can I describe how I feel about this?  Maybe this way: I want to conquer this demon.

I literally just learned that I got an "A" in one of if not the hardest class I have ever taken!  IT in the Entrepreneur.  The concepts, business terminology, etc were so completely foreign to me.  Who knew what ROI (return on investment) or RFP(request for proposals) mean?  I certainly had never heard of them.  Then throw in the topics ranging from asset management, help-desk, not to mention the work load.  I'd never read a case-study before now, at least not that I know of.  Now I've read nearly 100.

This is just the beginning and I feel like I can sprint the rest of the way.

The One I've Nearly Finished

I'm building a "big boy" bed for Tyler.  It's a twin that I can eventually turn into a bunk bed.  As soon as the bedding arrives and we buy a new mattress I'll be able to move it into Tyler's room and declare it finished.  Because even though it's done, doesn't mean it's finished.  (I need to clean out the garage first).

I'll post more in-depth on my "big boy" bed project later. I have pics, and video, and a materials list, etc.

The One Where I'm Just Past The Half-Way Mark

I've been attempting to write a YA Fantasy for years now.  I've learned a lot along the way from starting and restarting, then editing, etc.  Now I have written more than 41K words in a story that seems to be making sense.  Since the plot is more than half done that must mean this particular project is as well, right?  Oh, now the story gets really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment