Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I'm Handy.. Finally!

Yes, after 6 years of marriage my wife now thinks I am "handy". She used to wonder if her dad or brothers could come over and fix something. I'd tell her I could do it but she'd just look at me incredulously (yes I spelled that right, I double checked).

Now, I'm handy. Well, at least she thinks I am.

We've only been in our new home for about a month now. I've installed a new toilet seat, changed the door knobs, installed shower racks, assembled a "library" and an entertainment center and fixed a broken water heater (albeit with the eventual help of a plumber... BUT I HAD IT WORKING! and I'm taking credit :P). There must be other things that I've done because now that I look at the list it doesn't look that impressive....

I raked 11 bags of leaves... does that count?

Admittedly I'm just happy I finally got to use my power drill. Does that mean I'm handy?

My longterm handy man project? Some day I want to build a yacht.

Now if only there was an ocean nearby..

No comments:

Post a Comment