Monday, January 17, 2011

Writing Adventure: Once More Into the Breach

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humilty:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;



After reaching 60,707 words I have decided to start over.

Yep, a lot of books are that length. By the way, that's 108 pages single spaced in MS Word.

The problem was, I was only a fifth of the way through my story. Much too long...

I started over. I have plotted out my entire story and so here we go, tiger-like, into the breach again. I'll charge ahead, for the fourth time.

3,611 words behing me... thousands more ahead of me.

Lesson learned: Fail to plot, you plot to fail.

If you're interested in critiquing my stuff as I write it, post and let me know. Just don't laugh too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment