Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Frozen North: Winter Wonderland

We have a great view out our living room window. Trees covered thick with leaves during the Summer, blanketed in snow during the winter.

As cold as it is, I try and get out and play in the snow with Tyler at least for a few minutes.
Tyler all bundled up. He's more down than dude at this point. Every time I get him ready to play in the snow I think "Good thing he's not potty trained yet". Why? Can you imagine getting him all layered and then hearing, "I need to go potty Daddy".
No, that's not the two-year-old out there jumping around in the snow. It's the little kid trapped inside his Daddy's body. The only thing better than playing in the snow with Tyler, is playing in the snow with Tyler and pretending you're a kid again. As you can see, I have a very vivid imagination. Too bad the snow was too dry to make a snowman.
The second major snow fall. In case you are wondering, no, that's not a wrapping paper roll stuck into the snow. That's Opa's (Grandpa Hillier) snowgauge made from a wrapping paper roll stuck into the snow. Tyler and I set out to dig out a fort.
He's a good helper, though I had a strange feeling he was just trying to make a snowman out of his Daddy.
So no snowman, but I did make a snow angel. But then I got stuck because the snow was so deep. Tyler thought that was really funny.

How anyone can smile so widely in such cold weather is beyond me, but Tyler wants to stay out and play long after I've turned into a popsicle.
As I write this, it's snowing again and I can't wait to go dig out our fort again and get burried in the snow by Tyler once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment