Thursday, January 21, 2010


You won't see my face on television, but you can hear my words everyday.

You may see me in the grocery store and never know you watch my work night after night.

To you, I have no race, no gender, no age yet my work is both timely and timeless.

I stand as the gatekeeper for much of what you learn about the events around you and my words help shape what you know about the world, influence what you talk about and impact the way you live your life.

You may praise my work, but I won't be thanked.

You may hate my work, but you'll only change the channel.

Hundreds, thousands, millions may see the culmination of what I do each and every day, but I have no adoring fans, no cheering stadiums, no red carpet celebrations.

I am a professor of life, constantly learning, constantly teaching, constantly publishing.

I write and edit a book of information every day so two people can read it and countless others can hear it.

I will warn, I will inform, I will inspire.

Without me, a television just becomes a bunch of wires and lights in a box.

I produce your local news.




The following was sent to me via email and taken from a facebook post, thus inspiring my post:

You don't know me, but you've both cussed and praised my work.
You have no idea who I am, but you've listened to what I have to say every day.
There have been many before me, and there will be many more after I leave.
We don't get recognized, we won't be thanked, and we'll never hear how big of an impact our job has on you.
Some of us are working towards something bigger, a few of us however are where we want to be, and take more joy and pride in the fact that we help tell everyone what's happening than anyone can imagine.
You don't have to thank me, you don't have to know me, all I ask of you is that you continue to get your information from me.
I am the producer of your local news.
I help inform the public in times of need, in times of danger, and in good times.
I only wish to continue doing what I'm doing so that you may stay informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment